Wednesday, February 5, 2014

The War on Snowmageddon

Damn! The snow looks to be about 10 inches deep.  I paid two local kids to clear off the mass of snow in my back parking lot, the walkway around the house and the back steps. I had already done the front porch, the walk to the porch and the back deck. I got the kids started and tried to leave for cash to pay the mongrels with. Notice I said tried. I got stuck in the gateway, scraped up the side of my truck bed, got stuck in the alley 5 times, dug myself out 5 times and finally made it to the street. Made the bank run and came home. Decide not to attempt the alley again so I had to shovel the front parking spot on the street and the sidewalk along that area. FUCK!!!!!!! I'm beat, I hurt, I'm pilled up and drowsy. Just waiting on tonight's forecast of -14 degrees. Weee! Ain't we havin' fun now! Really, I'm getting to damn old and busted up for this crap anymore. But it seems I'm stuck here. I'm dreaming of a warmer clime with scantily clad women bouncing along their way. Wait. Let's see, Atlanta just had a snow event, Virginia has had several of them and many other Southern states have had snow this year. I lived near Corpus Christi Texas as a younger man and experienced a light snow and one ice storm in the same winter. So it seems the wonderful South is not the place it's cracked up to be. But it's still better than what we get around here on a regular basis. Anyway, I'm beat.

The City hard at work...

 
 
 
 My jacked up truck bed and a pile of snow...





More snow.....
 
 
 
 
 The back of the house...

 
 
 
 The aftermath of the alley adventure...



No comments: