Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Guns Galore
_____________

I walked into a gun shop the other day, you know, just to look around, and I spied a Winchester 1897 pump sitting in the used rack. While it had very little original blueing, it was not pitted all to hell and functioned fine. Price? 350 bucks. Most of these gems have been snapped up by the cowboy action shooters so this one was a surprise. I mosey down the line a few steps and lo and behold what do I see? A genuine Colt Mustang! Good condition with a couple of scratches on the front strap but no other damage. The slide pulled back slick and smooth. Price for this beauty? 600 dollars. I thought long and hard about this one. Long and hard. Let's see the Caddi needs work, the truck needs work, the Harley is sitting in pieces, we are still pouring dollars into the new property, my unemployment is coming to an end, I don't have any guns I want to sell or trade so, no little shooter for me. On with the tour, down in the black rifle territory, I found a way cool Ruger SR-22 and next to it, a Smith and Wesson M&P 22. At this time I think rimfire tacticool rifles are da bomb as centerfire ammo is so darned expensive. I spent an hour and a half lookin' and talkin' guns so all in all it was a really good morning.

No comments: