Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A new sheriff in town.

Damn it's cold! I started working for a small apartment today as property manager and maintenance man. It's a 75-100 year old building and is occupied by, well shall we say, people of low motivation? Of course, it's cold and the water lines that are located near the exterior walls have .....FROZEN! Imagine that. And it's only going to get colder, we're talking more double digit negative temperatures. I got one of the last heat tapes left in town today and installed it on the water supply to one bathroom and got it thawed. Now I have another apartment that ALL the water lines are frozen. I will have to go to the big city to get some more heat tapes. This wouldn't be too bad but the ones screaming for immediate attention are the ones that owe mucho back rent. I'm talkin' over a grand and in one case over 2 grand. Well, there's a new sheriff in town pilgrims.
___________________________

Oh, I almost forgot...Obama sucks! So sorry, that just burst out of my fingers. I'm trying to bandage them now before I'm forced to go to a government mandated healthcare center and forced to use my new government mandated healthcare plan.

___________________________

Cherry Pie is most likely going to stay home tomorrow so there may be some, uh, er, adult type activities goin' on. HUHUHEHEHE. Nothing like bein' an old dog that still gets the bone.
__________________________

Hey did you hear? The government screw up on the latest travel threat, and the government has , has , has got big problems and, and, uh, they have screwed us all for the next jillion years and, and, and they, they, they........aww forget it. You get the idea.
__________________________

Seriously, the news gets me so bummed out any more I can hardly stand to write or speak about it. We probably won't have any real good news until 2012. Until then, keep buyin' all the food you can squirrel away, all the ammo you can afford and learn how to do something you may need to know. Like gardening or fixing' your own car, tending your own sick, or canning food. Even if we get out of these financial doldrums, all of the above are valuable skills that can come in handy at any time. We may, weather permitting, go Saturday to check out a place called Restaurant Depot. It is supposed to be cheaper than Sam's Club but caters specifically to the restaurant industry. They have everything from spoons to steaks, shrimp to napkins. I mean they have everything a restaurant could need. Or maybe even a lot of stuff a prepper may need. More to come on this.

No comments: