Saturday, April 7, 2012

Happenings, Normal And Weird

We awoke to another gloomy Saturday morning. Grey clouds, intermittent rain,windy with cool breezes. Works for me! I made Cherry breakfast burritos this morning. When we got done eating she called our niece to rub it in. Our niece thinks I make the best breakfast burritos in the world. She has even drug many of her friends over to have them. She tells anyone who will listen that I am the greatest cook in the world. Ya gotta love teenage exuberance. This girl is the apple of our eye. We spent so many days and weeks with her as a little one she is just like our daughter. We are going to invite her over for chicken quesadillas soon. He boyfriend made them for her one evening and she claims they were nearly inedible. How do you fuck up chicken quesadillas?

I guess you have heard of the jet that went down in Virginia Beach yesterday. Well, that jet is from my daughter-in-laws squadron. She is an AE in VFA 106. Immediately after the crash, the base went into lock down. No one enters and no one leaves. So Momma and Daddy are locked in at work and Diamond is at child care. Hmmm. Son called a neighbor to go and fetch Diamond. In the end I believe Momma got out in time to pick up the little girl herself.

This week I had the sudden urge to write poetry. I have never written poetry and have had no interest in reading poetry. But I just had to do it. Cherry does NOT like my writings. It seems they are too dark for her. She doesn't even like me to read them out loud. It's strange. I was sitting there one day and a line entered my mind. I got my ever handy notebook out and wrote it down. the another line appeared and another. It went on until the poem was done. An hour later it happened again. That night it happened yet another time. I don't know where this came from but the three of them are on paper and I haven't had the urge to do another one. Beats me.

No comments: