Friday, October 19, 2012

And Nary A Drop To Drink

Today for a very late lunch (3:00PM) my boss sent me to the local grocery for a couple panini sandwiches. I gotta say this place has some good sammies! So, while waiting on the sandwiches to be pressed and grilled I was looking at a large display of those tiny little airline bottles of liquor. I found myself thinking, I'll take one of those and one of those and one of those and.......... Man I really could use a drink. I don't drink regularly but I do like my liquor now and then. No beer for me though. Gimme a shot of bourbon or tequila and I'm happy. I like premium whiskey's such as 101 proof Wild Turkey, Makers Mark and several others. As for tequila, man there are so many to choose from. Really bad skull poppers (which you don't want to choose) to really smooth and unique tasting, shooting or drinking styles. The Red Rocker Sammy Hagar has his own brand called Cabo Wabo and it has a very different taste than that of any of the other agave based tequilas. And I like shooting my tequila with all trimmin's.  A lick of salt, a shot of juice and a bite of lime. Mmmmm, that's what I like. And wouldn't ya know it, we are OUT. I do get paid, twice as a matter of fact, at the end of the month though.
So, lost in my revery, I perused a couple of tattoo magazines and finally, gastronomical heaven was delivered. Toasted panini bread, ham, turkey, cheese, peppers and I don't know what all, but it is GOOD.
   This morning I noticed my bad knee was feeling kinda loose and achy. By 10:30 I had to resort to my cane. It never improved and finally I had to call Cherry Pie and ask her to help me with my evening job. Gentleman, I wish y'all had a wife as good as mine. Even with that thought in my mind, I kept reverting to a certain high school football game so long ago when this injury was intentionally inflicted up on me. Thank you Sean and Clyde for settling that score.

No comments: