Tuesday, February 5, 2013

A Little Chopper

A few years ago my maternal Grandpa passed away. After he died the familial vampire started moving things out in a wholesale manner. I managed to squirrel away a little project that Grandpa had started and never finished. Somewhere along the way he had acquired a tiny little Craftsman hatchet head. He then took a hickory hammer handle and reduced it to fit the socket of the hatchet. The rest of the handle was merely hacked away to a smaller size and never finished.
A few days ago I found this little chopper and got to work on it. I cut, shaved, rasped away on the handle until I had something that fit the tiny hatchet. I then finished it with some Linspeed gun stock oil. I think it came out pretty good. Watcha think Grandpa? One day I'll get some leather and make a tiny little belt sheath for it.


No comments: