Saturday, February 23, 2013

And Once Again

We just got things mostly cleaned up after the snow storm this past week. Now the National Weather Service tells us this...

"Significant winter storm possible Sunday night through Tuesday...

A winter storm system will lift into the area on Sunday... bringing
accumulating snow to the region from late Sunday evening through
Tuesday afternoon. Snowfall totals of 5 to 10 inches are possible
across northeast Kansas... northern... and central Missouri. Blowing
snow may also be a concern Monday night and Tuesday as northwest
winds gust up to 30 mph. While exact snow amounts remain somewhat
uncertain... the overall probability of accumulating snow is high."


We'll see how this comes out. Just in case I fetched some more gas for the snow blower. Will I ever get my Harley home? If we get the predicted 10 inches, that'll give me 20 inches in my front yard. I did make an interesting discovery about this last snow. It has the right consistency, flake size, fall rate and had sufficient wind packing that it resulted in snow that is suitable for cutting into blocks. Blocks that can be used for  making igloo's, forts,wall or whatever. But do I see any neighborhood kids doing that? Fuck no. Lazy, unimaginative bastards that they are.
Anyway, here's what it is shaping up to look like.

 
 
I'm on the line that divides 6-8 and 10-13. What a relief, right?





No comments: