Sunday, December 6, 2009

I found him! No jobs. TOSITPC. weather guessers

I have spent the day cooking and designing one thing or another. Breakfast was some of my abuwonderful breakfast burritos and, as the weather has turned cooler with a light snow, Cherry wanted some chili. So, you know how that works...she asks, she gets. We did get to finish the evening meal off with some of her spectacular peanut butter cookies.
__________________________________

A short time back I encountered and old "friend"that I haven't "heard" from in quite a while. I found him on the web several years ago and unfortunately he retired from his longtime blog. He is now on blogtalk radio. You may have read his blog in the past at http://www.theothersideofkim.com/ . He can now be heard at http://www.kimandconnie.com/. Tune and listen to Kim's own brand of conservatism as well as the intellectual input of his wife Connie.
__________________________________

So far nothing in the job search. I send in resumes and receive nothing back. No thank you, no please come in, not even a kiss my ass from anyone. The funny thing is I keep seeing the same job positions being advertised over and over. Are they really hiring? I'm starting to think not. I do have one option in mind but I will have to dip into the retirement to get the training for this kind of job. It's still in the construction industry but in the form of a specialized type of inspection that requires training. And the best part is this niche is looking for people now.
__________________________________

The One Sitting In The Presidents Chair says jobs may come back around 2012, just in time for the election. That's a pretty powerful card to hold in your pocket. I think when he decides to play it, it will be far to late to help him or us. This man has the worst administration I have ever seen. He is a fine orator but can't seem to remember what he says from day to day. I guess the lies are hard to keep track of. He has a staff of tax cheats, liars, incompetents and moral felons. I really believe they don't have the combined sense to pour piss out of a boot if the directions were printed on the heel. One of these days ask me how I really feel about this...this...this...arrrgggghhhh!
__________________________________

It's still snowing lightly and the weather guessers are calling for even a little freezing rain so we'll see what morning brings. Cherry Pie has a 100 mile round trip to work. If it's bad she doesn't go in. If it gets bad while she's at work she has plans and supplies to stay over night in her office, clothes, toiletries, food and a sleeping bag. She also has a very understanding boss lady. If it's imperative that she gets to work I am always at her disposal as she is not only my Cherry Pie but also my Queen.

No comments: