Thursday, December 3, 2009

A summit. We struck oil! On the dole. Papers and brothers.

The One Acting As President had a "job summit" today. Not with people that actually provide jobs but with top donors to his campaign. Every speech this guy makes sounds more and more phony. He's broken pretty much every campaign promise he made and done everything he said he wouldn't do. This government needs a real fixin'. Get a whole new party in office, people that will do what they say they'll do. If the new guys continue to run a government that continues to steal from the people and lie about everything then it'll be time for a different kind of change. Bring back the Constitution to the governing of the country, bring back a currency backed by something of meaning and substance. Put the power of the States back in the hands of the States. 'Nuff said.
_______________________________

I took Cherry Pie's Caddie to the funshow last weekend and the darn thing started spewing oil. I had to put 2 quarts in when we arrived and when we got home it was 3 quarts low. I took it to the shop today and they found the oil sending unit pukin' oil like a derrick out of control. Sixty Eight dollars later we are back in bidness. I do need to wash the oil accumulation off the back of the car tomorrow.
_______________________________

I received a letter from the Unemployment Office saying I qualify for the federal extension of 13 weeks. I called to confirm I didn't need to do anything different than I had been doing and the individual I spoke to said a check had already been cut for me. Great! I checked the website the next day and it said my claim was denied! I called them back and got a different person after 17 attempts. This person said I still had a regular claim to be utilized! OK, great. I checked the website the next day and found they had me down to claim the extension AND a regular claim! WTF? I checked a couple days later and they have it cleared up...I think.
_______________________________

A short time ago a friend if mine asked if I would serve some papers on one of his deadbeat tenants. He got the paperwork filed for me to be a special process server and I did the deed a couple days later. He was at court today on this issue and he called me from the courthouse. A woman he met there wanted my name and number as she has some deadbeats of her own and needs some papers served. This could turn out to be a pretty good deal as I charge WAY less than the Sheriffs department does so maybe this will make me a little money. I don't generally have too many issues with people. I'm 6'2" and 275lbs. A bearded biker looking dude, but I have a lot of HR type training and have dealt with upper management types for a long time so my appearance usually stops the bs and my demeanor gets the job done professionally.
_________________________________

Oh lordie, what am I going to do on Tuesday evenings now? The Sons of Anarchy ended their second season this week. Man, was it a good one! Last weeks episode was good too. I'd join a club if it wasn't for all the prospect bullshit. A guy I know joined a local club at the age of 50 and after a few years he became their enforcer. They got in a squabble with another club and his brothers said you're the enforcer, take care of it. He went over to take care of business and got his ass handed to him while his "brothers" stood and watched. He has since quit them and is going to head up a chapter of California club that is moving to KC. I wonder what he's going to do with all those tat's of his old club? And the bike that had to be painted in his old club colors? And all the that club jewelry he so proudly wore? Nothing like having brothers to get your back.
_________________________________

No comments: