Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Cold and Wet, Hot and Buttery

I got up this morning to see a cloudy 60 degrees. Got dressed, fired up the Harley and headed out. It was a beautiful ride. I got about 40 miles north of home and hit a wall, a wall of wind and cold. I crossed over to the interstate and high tailed it back home. The rain finally hit and the temperature is dropping slowly. A Northwest wind of about 25 is driving cold rain. What to do? Break out the makin's and crank out a pot of hot, buttery potato soup. Fry up some smoked bacon, ya know, for crumblin' in the soup and to give me bacon grease to, all you doctors cover your eyes now, pour into the soup. Only 2 or 3 tablespoons. It's the little things that make the difference.
And you know what? I was packing heat the whole time. You should too.

No comments: