Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving And Then The Rush

I trust all had a safe and enjoyable Thanksgiving. I know we sure did. We started this morning with a whirlwind of the final cleaning of the house and then ourselves. I made coleslaw, baked beans and a tasty deep fried turkey. Cherry Pie made 3 of her fantastic pecan pies and also mashed potatoes. Other family and guests provided various veggies and such. All ate until we were comfortably bloated. I did get one request for the recipe for my coleslaw. Cherry and our beautiful niece/daughter are going shopping this evening and have asked me to go as the strong arm. Uh, OK? Actually a long time ago, when Black Friday was on, ya know, Friday, Cherry and I always went as a team. She's a little slip of a thing so I was responsible for getting her where she wanted to be, making sure she got what she wanted and then getting her out. We worked that way at bike shows too. When things got to rowdy she would put her hands through the back of my belt and I would go dozing our way out, sometimes with fists a flyin'. The stores never required the use of force just determination. but a good time was usually had. Usually. I gave up on the whole BF shopping ordeal when her sister and others started going with her.
Sleep well my friends!

1 comment:

LB @ Bullets And Biscuits said...

HA! I have a dozer of my own and didn't even know it. I can't count how many times we've been at bike rally's and it got so crowded that I'd grab the back of Rambob's belt and followed him out. I can't wait to throw "Dozer" on him as a new knickname! Thanks!