Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving Dinner Two

Today is the anniversary of the day I took the most marvelous person to be my Bride. Twenty Nine years ago we were wed before God and all our families. It has not always been an easy row to hoe but we always ended up with a good crop of love. We are still going strong!

Today our neighbor auctioned off all her and her deceased husbands belongings. We attended and bought a few things. Hopefully she made enough money to help defray the cost of the nursing home but, the day turned out cold, rainy and windy. The crowd was small and items went cheap. It seems like I've seen this before.

Tomorrow we will travel to my Dads' for a belated Thanksgiving dinner with with him and the rest of my "step" family. We are bringing coleslaw (just because it's so damn good), baked beans (tasty as well), a terrific pecan pie and one of my favorite desserts, angel delight. this one is easy. Take one angel food cake and tear it to bits of around a teaspoon size or slightly larger to nearly fill a 9x13 cake pan. Pour vanilla pudding over it and gently spread it to work it into the nooks and crannies. Spread whipped cream over the whole thing and refrigerate over night. MMM, MMM good.

1 comment:

LB @ Bullets And Biscuits said...

Happy Anniversary! And I love Angel Delight. If you are feeling wild...add a can of crushed pineapple to it. YUM!