Friday, November 25, 2011

The Pie

We made it back from the Black Friday ordeal. It turns out that everyone was very patient and friendly in a really tired of this sort of way. It turns out that the boyfriend and I were the professional line standers. The girls first stop was the local Wally World. There was a laptop coming on sale at freakin' MIDNIGHT so Boyfriend and I stood in line for two hours while Cherry Pie and Niece/Daughter shopped their little hearts away. So, after we install the program for our Internet provider I'll be posting from the very first NEW computer we have ever had. Boyfriend and I got dropped off while the ladies went to other stores to finish their DNA driven shopping activities.
It's good we scored the computer 'cause I've had my belly full of this POS. I've put a serious dent in a jar of sweet pickles while waiting on different sites to open up tonight.

Yesterday we had pecan pie and pumpkin pie. We were going to have an apple crisp but Niece/Daughter decided not to make it. Usually we have my favorite pie but with the limited number of folks in attendance we managed with the two. The pie I love the best is a Jeff Davis Pie. We will have one at my Dad's place on Sunday so Ill make it to Christmas when the next JD pie will be made. I get them on Thanksgiving, Christmas and Jeff Davis's birthday (June 3rd). I love it, Cherry doesn't.
Here's the recipe from my Grandma Carder.

Jeff Davis Pie

Pre-heat oven to 325
1 stick butter (of course)
5 eggs
2 cups sugar
2 heaping tablespoons flour
1 1/2 cups milk
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla

Have butter at room temperature before starting.
Cream the butter with the flour and sugar
Add eggs and milk, beat well
Add vanilla
Pour into unbaked pie crust
Bake at 325 degrees until brown/gold and center is still shaky (app 45 mins.)
Makes one 11 inch pie or two 9 inch pies not deep dish.
This does come out best in a regular depth pie crust

Enjoy!

1 comment:

LB @ Bullets And Biscuits said...

I've never made anything like this but since Rambob is a "pie" man....I'm going to have to try this one on him. Thanks for sharing!