Saturday, August 29, 2009

Saturday Notes. Reading

Stayed up late last night reading and planned on sleeping in LATE to make up for it but the german shephard had other ideas. Cherry Pie was out the door by 7 ay em and the wedgeheaded shit dispenser stuck his head under my arm at 8:30 so I got up. Went to the swap meet and didn't find anything I couldn't live with out. Made a hefty down payment on a car for Cherry so we are not spending much for a couple of weeks. I'm really enjoying the globull warming in Missouri. Last night it was in the 50's! I can really get into that. When will the coverage of the Captain of the Chappaquiddick ever end? And when will the media stop talking as though he was a saint? He was a murderer.
_____________________________________

Yesterday I read "Out The Ashes" and last night I read "Anarchy In The Ashes" both by William Johnstone. Interesting reading that details a nuclear/germ bomb exchange by all pertinent parties of the world and the reorganization of America in to several clans/tribes/countries but focuses on the Tri States as envisioned by the veteran/author/drunk/leader, Ben Raines. There are a couple more in this series that I think I'll check out. I am waiting for James Rawles new book to come out called "How to Survive The End Of The World As We Know It" It comes out September 30 and Rawles is hoping for another book bomb to drive it to the top of the charts.
_____________________________________

Cherry Pie is asking, nay, demanding my outstanding homemade pancakes in the morning so I guess I'll whip up a batch. This evening we had BLT sandwiches for supper. MMGood!

Have a Great Weekend!

No comments: