Saturday, July 25, 2009

Gunshow report...BUST!

We made it to the gunshow today and what a bust it was. This was hosted by the Missouri River Valley Arms Collectors. We did see many outstanding collections of Marlins, Lugers, Colts and Smith and Wessons. There were also an inordinate amount of civil war era muskets. I saw several 1903 Colt pocket pistols I would give my eye teeth for but didn't have the spare 1500 or so to do that. I saw two really fine 1900 Colt Automatics in the 2 grand range. I have toyed with the idea of starting to collect Savage pistols. Here's one in .45. When the thought first entered my head these pistols were available and wouldn't demand a new mortgage to get one. Now they are rare and expensive. So much for that idea. The last couple of shows I went to were like a fire sale. People couldn't buy guns fast enough. That wasn't the case today. Lots of lookers and few actual buyers, including me. What I feel to be 2-300 dollar guns are 4-500 dollar guns, ammo is still high (26+ dollars for a box of no name .45acp). I spoke with a couple of dealers that said it wasn't worth staying awake for! However, I did get my 7 dollars of entertainment out of it. There were more people than I have ever seen at this show, people were parked on the side of the road for over a 1/2 mile each way from the hall but still slow sales. I took the NEF Sportster .22 with the red dot sight on with a tag of $150 OBO and the ONLY offer I got was for 100 bucks! I didn't accept it. I have been seeing this more and more, people will not make a decent offer. I asked 150 he responds with a price reduction of 33 percent and won't accept a counter offer at all. His offer was for less that I have in the bare gun. This why I don't try to sell to many things any more , because people are such $^$$&^$$#* when it comes to dickering. I have had idiots offer me 1 dollar for a new 75 dollar motorcycle sprocket that I had priced at 50 bucks. They thought that was a good offer too!
_________________________________________

Since the gunshow was a bust here's a different kind of gun show featuring my two favorite thing to look at...guns...women.

No comments: