Friday, November 27, 2009

27 years. More to come. It's a feast!

Yesterday we all had something to be thankful for. I had something else to to give thanks for. Thursday marked 27 years of wedded bliss with Cherry Pie. Thanks babe, for the best years of my life. You're my wife, partner, confidant, lover and best friend. When I'm ready to tear down someones world you are there to calm me down. Thanks for all you have done.
_________________________________

Well I finally got through to the unemployment folks and I'm all set for another 14 weeks but it seems the government is saying the unemployment situation won't improve until 2012. Any bets? 2012? WTF? I thought all those trillions being pumped into the economy (RIGHT NOW) were going to make everything all right. Oh that's right, all the money went to the big banks who bought other failing banks and then spent the rest of the money on what? Oh that's right its a SECRET! A great big fat secret. A secret that has produced NO jobs. Thanks for nothing Washington. Oh, sorry about that, thanks for the extra 14 weeks of unemployment insurance. I'd rather have had a job instead of another 14 weeks on the dole.
_________________________________

Well the Big Feast was everything I'd hoped for. Lots of food, desserts, drinks and family. And plenty of Jeff Davis Pie. I do need to mention one other thing, Cherry Pie makes the best pecan pie in the world. The deep fried turkey came out great, crispy skin, moist meat and and tender.
Gallons of sweettea were poured, potatoes and gravy by the pound were consumed. MMMMMM.
___________________________________

No comments: