Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Still kickin'. Odd Jobs and a couple of bills.

I'm still here. I've just been somewhat busy and somewhat lazy. My sister-in-law asked me to paint the cabinets in her rental house. So I went over and removed the hardware from the top cabinets and took the doors to the basement and painted them. The next day I reinstalled them and then performed the same process for the lower cabinets. Today I re-installed the lower doors. I also adjusted all the doors for her so that they all close nicely. Yesterday I came home about 2:00 and took the new tires for Cherry's Caddie to a friends shop where we installed them. Today I got them balanced and washed the car so it looks nice when I return it to her. The new tires are quiet and ride really nice. Coming home, I thrashed a twisty rural highway and found that they corner nicely also. The tires are Falken S/TZ04's that we got from http://www.highperformancetires.com/ .

_______________________________________________

Pelosi delivered a health care bill that had something like 1990 pages and now there's word that she wants to add an 800 page amendment! The GOP has penned a health care bill that only has 230 pages. That's more like it. What do you bet that it gets no time on the House floor? Based solely on page count, which would you rather read and pass?
_______________________________________________

I checked out a new toy store in the area called Midwest Gun Exchange. Pretty heavy on semi-auto rifles, pistols and shotguns with a good representation of revolvers, pump shotguns and bolt action rifles. Prices were reasonable but no barn burner deals. They have a decent inventory for a new shop too.

Later!

No comments: