Friday, September 4, 2009

Taurus PT-22

At risk of repeating myself, I'll review the Taurus PT22 today.
Taurus brought this pocket size semi auto to market in 1992. This pocket dandy has a double action trigger and a blowback action. Trigger pull is around 6 pounds and the pistol itself is 12.5 ounces. To get around the common complaint of people having difficulty retracting the slide on small pistols, Taurus fitted this gun with a tip up barrel. The safety is a frame mounted trigger locking style. Magazine capacity is 10 rounds and I have heard of others having an 8 round capacity. The mini barrel is 2.75 inches. So much for all the technicals.

The sample I have has proven reliable and surprisingly accurate for such a small gun. I have on numerous occasions at a range of 7 yards, kept 10 shots rapid fire in a 6 inch group. Slow fire shrinks that to about 3 inches. Not bad for a barrel less than 3 inches in length. Taurus has an outstanding Lifetime warranty that follows the gun not the owner. I bought mine used, with a cracked slide. I called Taurus and they said send it in they would fix it. The gun came back with a case, a new magazine AND a gun with a new slide on it. I was very pleased with Taurus. I seldom leave my house with out this beauty in my back pocket. This gun comes in a wide range of colors and finishes. As far as I am concerned, this is a great buy for anyone on a budget and anyone looking of a great little pocket pistol.

No comments: