Thursday, September 10, 2009

What do you carry. DuraCoat.

I made plans with my brother to team up on installing front springs in his Suburban and my truck today. After a earlyish morning, breakfast, news, shower and put the dogs in the kennel. I left. Brother called to ask me to locate a puller type ball joint remover so we didn't damage the balljoints with the tuning fork style separator. NO LUCK. We did get both of them done though. Finally started around noonish and finished around 5:30 pee em. Now I'm beat. All I have to do now as the funds become available is get a front end alignment and a new left front tire.
_________________________________________

I don't think I'll be able to put anything in the storage system this week. I blew my wad on some Duracoat materials and a stock for a gun I'm working on. I'm anxious to see how this coating turns out. It's a matte grey and I'm going to sandblast the barrel and action prior to the coating process. I'm thinkin' it'll be sssweeet. I understand the coating isn't fully cured to at least 3 weeks but can be assembled and handled with in 24 hours. Any one out there with any experience using the Duracoat coatings? Leave a comment if you have or know anyone who has used it.
_________________________________________

What do you carry? I carry one or more folding knives and a Rock Island Armoury Officers size 1911 .45. The backup is a Taurus PT-22 One spare mag for each but I want a double mag case for the 45. Leave your carry comments in, of course, the comment section.
_________________________________________

No comments: